Friday, February 19, 2010

Another Royal Rumble Post

Did the injury help us win? I seem to think it did in my opinion but we will never know for sure. Hard to replace a #3 or #4 hitter in the lineup on the fly. After the injury, pitching ruled the rest of the series as I had just enough offense to win against a great pitching staff.

Minnesota may not be pleased about the outcome however. Now they get their hated division rivals. I didn't pay much attention to their schedule as I may have been the only team to have a winning record against them in the regular season. That of course doesn't amount to a hill of beans in the LCS. What does matter, 2 of the best pitching staffs in the NL go at it once again. We have to find a way to shut down the #1 NL offense while the Bashers get lucky enough to go against #6. They already shut down the #2 NL offense so we know it isn't going to be easy.

In the AL, I thought the Goats would have won at least one game against Dover. The Rage and Mexico City had a see-saw battle which could have gone either way. Now the LCS comes down to the two best teams. After looking things over, I would say Mexico City has the edge but this is the playoffs and anything can and will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment