Monday, February 22, 2010

Royal Rumblings the Fnal Chapter

The LCS didn't turn out in our favor. The starting pitchers gave up too many early runs and the offense struggled to catch up falling short twice. They played hard but it just wasn't to be. Good Luck to Minnesota as they will need it.

This is my last season here as this World will fall too late into the month of May for my real life schedule. I leave the team in pretty good shape as I used all my remaining prospect money to sign the remaining draft picks and picked up as many decent players I could in the IFA market. I promoted as many players as I could, hopefully not too many will retire, at least there will be a large young pool to fill the gaps. This is the only World I have been in where minor league filler position players are hard to find. Got rid of as many dregs as I dared also.

The team doesn't have any bad contracts and there is four or five expiring contracts that the new GM can decide whether to resign them or not. IMO, only one or two is desirable, the main one needed wants to try FA, go figure. There are several in arbitration but shouldn't be too costly if done right.

As for Ed Wood, I would try to trade him to an AL team as that is the place for him, as a DH.

The farm system isn't bad, just not much in the way of ML caliber players. The HiA team did win the World Series after all and the AA and LoA teams were in the playoffs.

The World itself is pretty good, good owners that try hard to win. Relatively drama free with lots of friendly rivalries.

So long all and have a great upcoming season.

No comments:

Post a Comment